CM Grube Reden
We discovered the location using Google earth. We visited in march 2009. They were reconverting the mine into a touristic center.
The mine opened in 1848. In 1850 the mine got its independance. After the first world war production was taken over by the french until 1935. In that year the Saar area got back in German hands. The mine was extended by the goverment.
After the second world war new buildings were constructed due to the war damage. In 1995 the mine was closed.