We discovered this location using Google earth. We visited the location in march 2009 during the Urbex Tour de France. The location is beautiful from the outside, but behind every window there is a concrete wall.
The mine opened in 1913. It closed in 1976. The demolition started in 1980. In 1986 the terrain was sold and a holiday park was created. During the last years the mine buildings are being reconverted into a Ecomuseum.