We discovered this location by coincidence during the Urbex Tour de France in march 2009. It is not a very large location, however it was fun to walk around here.
In 1934 the central workshops were built in order to maintain the trains of the surrounding iron mines. Due to European regulations and the exhaustion of the mines the mining of iron ore stopped during the seventies and eighties. Somewhere in the eighties the central workshops were also abandoned.